Thursday, August 13, 2026

Steak with a side of questions

Don’t make 'em dig through a word salad to find the steak.

Nobody’s showing up for the garnish; they came hungry for the meat.

Keep your message lean and properly seasoned, or your audience will drop their fork and head for somebody else’s drive-thru.

 

Steak

When in the groove, my fingers fly and writing appears on my monitor like the three lines above … when all I’m trying to communicate is: If you’ve got something to say, say it simply and directly.

Then, when I review it, I question whether I should’ve just stuck with the simple statement or if my “voice” makes it more interesting and memorable.

Typically, I can’t answer that question so I stick with the original direction, arguing there’s more “me” in it … but the question never feels properly answered.

Is it overthinking? Yes. 

Is it imposter syndrome? Probably.  

Will I ever move past this inner uncertainty? Doubtful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Steak with a side of questions

Don’t make 'em dig through a word salad to find the steak. Nobody’s showing up for the garnish; they came hungry for the meat. Keep ...