Friday, April 29, 2022

A Dumb Question and a Questionable Action

 

Put Computer in Tray for Airport Security Check-in

The Question`

At the airport, the desk agent checking me in asked, “Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?”

You’ve probably been asked this, too.

But what answer are they looking for? If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?

More on this in a moment


The Action

When going through my baggage at the airport security checkpoint, the agent discovered a bottle of sunscreen in my bag. It was over the legal limit of ounces for carry on.

She very nicely said that she was sorry, but I couldn’t take it on the plane. Then she tossed it into a large plastic tub filled with other confiscated bottles, tubes, and jars.

My understanding is that these items are appropriated because they might be fuel for an explosive or incendiary device. 

So, the best place to put my potentially explosive 9 ounces is in a tub brimming with other potentially explosive materials? Potentially making a tiny bomb into a huge one?

I was going to ask this question. but my wife shot me the "shut up" look that she's perfected over the years.

I've grown accustomed to seeing and periodically obeying this glare. I shut up

 

Back to the Question

The last time I was asked, “Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?” my wife wasn't with me. I responded, “If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?”

The agent smiled knowingly and nodded. “That's why we ask.”

I didn't need the "shut up" look.

I smiled back and headed to the nearest bar for a cocktail or three.




No comments:

Post a Comment

12 Essentials in Every Successful Copywriter’s Toolbox

  Copywriting is the art of persuasion, the science of engagement, and the magic of compelling storytelling rolled into one. To succeed as a...