Friday, January 20, 2023

What is a Carrotdangler?

Carrotdangler is just one of the ways I describe what I do for a living as a marketing writer. 

Scott Frothingham, carrotdangler


Why?

In the old days, if a pack animal such as a mule or donkey, stubbornly refused to move, they would dangle a carrot in front of it ... just out of reach. The mule would start walking forward to reach the carrot.

Carrotdangler - mule motivated by a carrot

As a marketing writer, I find similarities with my job and the job of the mule drivers:

I'm paid to write an offer that is so enticing it causes the target audience to move towards it.


________________________

NOTE: If you're curious about any of the other descriptors, such as forestseer or stickweilder, ask away: ScottFroth@FastForwardResults.com  


ANOTHER NOTE: I was recently asked about my self-given title of wordwrangler on my LinkedIn Homepage. Cowboys in the USA are often referred to as "wranglers" when they work to get herds of cattle moving in an orderly fashion towards a common destination ... by using wordwrangler, I'm suggesting I do the same thing with words as opposed to livestock



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Small Stuff

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"   That sign was hung behind the sales manager's desk at a small business I consulted.   When...