Thursday, December 1, 2022

Why Punctuation is Important


Punctuation is Important


An apology or a declaration?

I’m sorry; I love you.

I’m sorry I love you.


A fun learning activity or horrific crime?

We’re going to learn to cut and paste, kids!

We’re going to learn to cut and paste kids.


A difference of $95.

Twenty-five dollar bills. 

Twenty five-dollar bills. 


Is it all about him or her?

A woman: without her, man is nothing.

A woman without her man is nothing.


Wholesome observation or admission of odd eating habits?

I take great pleasure in eating my dog and my plants. 

I take great pleasure in eating, my dog, and my plants.


Something you expect to see in a restaurant or something you never want to see anywhere?

Man eating chicken.  
 
Man-eating chicken


Here's an Apple ad that recalls the silliness above, but uses an intentional misplacement of punctuation to masterfully focus on a key differentiator:


Apple MacBook Ad: Light. Years Ahead.










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...