Tuesday, March 8, 2022

One Tough Mama

My mom kicked down the door.

My mom kicked down the door

She was a nursery school teacher. During a fire drill, the exterior door she was supposed to take the kids through was locked.

She didn’t have a key.

So, she kicked it down.

The school told her she’d have to pay for damages.

“The fire alarm was going off and I had 21 kids to get out of that building. That door shouldn’t have been locked. That’s on you.”

“But it was a drill. There wasn’t really a fire.”

“I quit.”

“We’ll pay for the door.”

That was a while ago. She’s 95 now.

And still a badass.

 

It’s International Women’s Day. I’m celebrating my mom and all women who kick down doors.




1 comment:

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...