Wednesday, February 2, 2022

The Value of Expertise

The Value of Expertise

I tightened it as far as I could by hand, but the drip continued.

There was a leak, and I couldn’t shut off the main water valve.

I grabbed a wrench. Then I thought twice and called the plumber.

With a grunt, the plumber forced the valve another half turn and said, “that’s all she needed.”

“I was afraid to do that,” I said.

“Understandable. I’ve done this a thousand times and have a feel for how far to push it. If you’d taken it too far, you’d have gotten a face full of water and a $350 bill from me to fix it.”

I tell prospective clients:

In either lost revenue or lost time, 
weak copy will cost you far more 
than paying me for excellent copy.

Most of ‘em understand.

Cause they’re dealing with the results of copy without that necessary half turn of the valve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...