Sunday, February 13, 2022

I Wasn't Always a Writer

 Hard work in the hot summer sun

As a kid, I worked as a laborer.

Outside. 

In the hot summer sun.

Hired for my back, not my brain.

Good experience for a kid. 

At least it was for me.

I learned about hard work ... 

pushing myself beyond expected limits ... 

dealing with difficult bosses ... 

working beside people with different life experiences and goals ... 

coming to terms with how much tax the government took out of my wages ... 

being grateful for how nice it is now to be working in an airconditioned environment while sitting in a comfortable chair ...


Take a minute to think about your early work experiences.

I’m not asking you to comment. Just to think about it.

What did you learn from them?

What about the memory of that work makes you grateful for your current job?




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Small Stuff

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"   That sign was hung behind the sales manager's desk at a small business I consulted.   When...