Sunday, November 22, 2020

Email Branding Done Right

This email popped into my inbox last night:



I don’t know this person. I expressed interest in their product by opting in to one of their offers (exchanging my email address for their information).

Already I’m feeling positive about the potential relationship, even though I know they want to sell me something.

This simple response to an inquiry checked a lot of important boxes:

  1. My expectations have been managed: I won’t be annoyed if I don’t hear back immediately (although I sorta did with this message)
  2. I don’t feel ignored … in fact, I feel respected
  3. I feel like I’m part of a conversation, not being talked at, with a real person
  4. I kinda like this guy … seems like a decent, trustworthy sort

Strong branding.

Good salesmanship.

Lots of power in a few well-chosen words.

Every contact with a prospect or customer set you up for future success or future failure. 

Are you maximizing every opportunity to move your personal and/or company branding in the right direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...