Friday, October 9, 2026

Pumpkin Spice Rant

Yep, it’s pumpkin spice season. That magical time of year when the leaves turn orange, the air gets crisp, and very coffee shop transforms into a pumpkin-themed hostage situation.

And now, like a viral infection, it's spread beyond lattes and breakfast pastries: It seems that every corporation has collectively decided that everything you consume must taste like a scented candle. You can now pick up pumpkin spice cereal, popcorn, hummus … HUMMUS. What culinary genius decided chickpeas needed to taste like Thanksgiving dessert? 

At this point, I’m expecting my multivitamins to come in “Autumn Harvest” flavor and my dentist to offer a pumpkin spice root canal.

And heaven forbid you don’t like pumpkin spice. Suddenly, you’re not participating in the season. You’re a monster. A joyless, cinnamon-deficient goblin. No ... I just want to taste my food without feeling like I’m being gently strangled by a Yankee Candle.

But hey … I get it. Autumn is beautiful. The leaves are changing, the air is crisp, and everything feels a little cozier.

So, happy fall.

May your coffee taste like coffee, your candles remain strictly decorative, and your pumpkin spice exposure be limited to medically acceptable levels.


_________________________


If you enjoyed this quick rant, you should enjoy this quick poem: The Sneering Pumpkin


________________________


And, of course, this from Joe Lennon:

Pumpkin Spice Cartoon





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pumpkin Spice Rant

Yep, it’s pumpkin spice season. That magical time of year when the leaves turn orange, the air gets crisp, and very coffee shop transforms i...