Friday, May 31, 2024

Do You Hate Your Editor?

Editors can be brutal as they point out areas that need to be improved. Or changed. Or deleted.

And catching errors, that you know you should've caught.

The process can be annoying. Even upsetting. 

But I try to accept it in the spirit of Daniel Kahneman.

Daniel Kahneman

Kahneman is the Nobel Prize winning author of Thinking Fast and Slow.

He said, “No one enjoys being wrong, but I do enjoy having been wrong because it means I am now less wrong than I was before.”

Sure, a tough session with a good editor can make you feel defensive, but think of it as is a good opportunity to learn. 

Open up. Listen to the input and appreciate the process.

Good editors make our writing better.

Enjoy being less wrong than you were before.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dreaming of Entrepreneurship

  "My dream is to be an entrepreneur." Good for you, Bunky. But it's time to s top thinking about being an entrepreneur and st...