Monday, April 29, 2024

The Master of Oreo Envy


Oreo cookies

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the moment she detected any sign of restlessness.

I would gobble my cookie like a hungry dog tossed a piece of fat from a benevolent butcher.

My sister would then show me her half eaten cookie. "I still have half a cookie. You have nothing."

With the next Oreo, I would control myself and slowly eat half of it. When I turned to my sister, she would hold up the creamy center, having eaten the chocolate wafers. "Ew. You only have half a cookie. I have this delicious cream."

Next time, when I had saved the cream, she'd sneer, "Yuck the cream is awful with no chocolate. And you have no chocolate. Poor, sad, no chocolate you."

This went on for the entire 6-hour drive. Every cookie passed back by my mom was a torture device in the hands of my sister.

Those drives are long in our past ... but she can still push my buttons just like when I was that 6-year-old in the back seat of a Pontiac Star Chief.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sound Advice

 Make sure the door is locked before reaching for your lock picks. That was the opening line for this blog post on researching before you wr...