Monday, March 4, 2024

Well that sucked. Let's do it again.


About 6 months ago, I decided to post to my blog daily instead of weekly.


After a couple of months, I. went back to weekly posting. I already put enough pressure on myself to produce quality work on deadline for clients and for my own businesses. The additional pressure to write a daily blog post was too much. Threw off the balance of things. Weekly was the right cadence for me.

Too many blog posts


So last month I did the daily posting thing again.

Huh?


It's good to push yourself out of your comfort zone.

So, I pushed forward to exercise my writing muscle.

And my self-discipline muscle.

And this is the 26th daily blog post since February 5, 2024. Well, more like 5 or 6 posts a week. But that's close enough for this journey.

And although I still feel that weekly is the right schedule for me, I feel good that I pushed my limits and stepped up and did this ... again.


The lesson you should take from this? Dunno. This was all about me. I got the message I apparently needed. If you get one, fine. If not, there are lessons lurking everywhere ... keep your eyes open for those that open your eyes wider.

_________________________


NOTE: This blog post (and perhaps the previous 25) are dedicated to George Tannenbaum who posts on his AdAged blog every day. And has been since 2007. A total of 6,244 blog posts. Yes, 6,244. That's what motivated my first daily posting experience. The one that reminded me that I'm no George Tannenbaum. Which isn't a problem. I see him (and his posts and posting schedule) as inspiration not competition. I'm a damn good me. And I'm quite happy with that. And I'll never again post to my blog daily. Unless I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...