Friday, March 15, 2024

The Story Spine


This is Ken Adams' Story Spine:

Ken Adams' Story Spine

It's part of Pixar's writing culture.

Monsters Inc. Finding Nemo. The Incredibles. Yeah, that Pixar.

It's a great start for story telling.

"In storytelling, the timing of ideas and actions is important to the audiences' understanding of the story." - John Lassiter, previously the chief creative officer of Pixar Animation Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Disneytoon Studios.

But it's just the start.

Andrew Stanton, writer of Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and Wall-E, adds, "Make me care. Please -- emotionally, intellectually, aesthetically -- just make me care."


_________________________


Here's another post about Pixar you should find interesting: I Learned It All From Pixar



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...