Saturday, March 2, 2024

A Tip of the Hat

 

The Cat in the Hat's Hat

The most unorthodox book recommendation yet.

That’s how Eddie Shleyner characterized one of my answers in an interview.

“What book has helped you the most over your career?”

Not fair to make me choose, Eddie. 

One is definitely “The Cat in the Hat”. Dr. Seuss totally understood his audience and was a master of using simple, active words to engage his readers with fun stories. I also like the subversive nature of the book.

Most unorthodox? Out of around 6-dozen? I’ll happily wear that as a badge of honor. Thanks, Eddie.

________________________


Read the full micro-interview: https://www.verygoodcopy.com/microinterviews-3-1/scott-frothingham


________________________


Dr. Seuss (Theodore Seuss Geisel) was born on March 2, 1904. Dr. Seuss Day is held annually on the school day closest to his birthday. The day promotes reading for children and is primarily known as Read Across America Day.

Dr. Seuss Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...