Friday, May 12, 2023

Headlines? I trust my process.

Find a process that works for you and then trust it.

For example, if I'm asked, "How do I write a killer headline?" 

I'll tell 'em my process ... a process I trust because it has worked and I believe will continue to work:


Write 10 headlines.

Yep, even if you think the first one nails it, write 9 more.

 

Now write another 15.

Just let ‘em flow. Don’t fine tune.


Go do something else.


Refreshed? Strike out 15 of the least effective (don’t delete, cross them out … you might want to check back with them later).


Pick your top 5.


Go do something else.


Read through the list and see if you can do better by combining the best elements.

Write the best three and delete the rest.


Go do something else.


Choose the best and use it.


Will my process work for you? 

It can.  Feel free to use it.

Or figure out your own process. Or find somebody else's.

All that matters is that it works.

And once you've found one that works, trust it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

12 Essentials in Every Successful Copywriter’s Toolbox

  Copywriting is the art of persuasion, the science of engagement, and the magic of compelling storytelling rolled into one. To succeed as a...