Sunday, August 28, 2022

Get the Dog's Name

When I was studying journalism in college, my professor Verne Edwards taught us that a reporter must never come back from a story without the name of the dog.

Verne Edwards (1924-2019)
Verne Edwards (1924-2019)

It was his way of teaching us that if we're curious, attentive, and thorough enough to get the dog's name, we'll gather all the relevant details needed to tell the story.

Now that I'm a copy and content writer, in my research I always get the name of the dog.

And I urge you to do the same.

But please, know when not to include the dog's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...