Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Clickbait

I’m a sucker for clickbait headlines.

Most likely influenced by the tabloid headlines I saw in the checkout lane when I was a kid grocery shopping with my mom.



Man’s 174-mph Sneeze Blows Wife’s Hair Off!

😮

Alien Bible Found! They Worship Oprah!

😮

Christmas Miracle! Severed Leg Hops to Hospital!

😮

Saddam & Osama Adopt Shaved Ape Baby!

😮

Hubby’s Bad Breath Kills His Wife!


9-month-old Baby Gets Black Belt in Karate!

😮

Found: Hair from God’s Beard!

😮

Snake with Human Head Found in Arkansas!

😮

Cannibal Chef Gets Own TV Cooking Show!


These are all actual headlines from the Weekly World News.

This also might explain why I very seldom use exclamation points in my copy.



1 comment:

  1. Ah, I miss Bat Boy and the Weekly World News.

    ReplyDelete

The Master of Oreo Envy

When we would travel to visit my grandparents, my sister and I would ride in the back seat and my mom would pass us and Oreo cookie the mom...